530 books catalogued and alphabetized, from Acker to Žižek.
Yesterday, I took 20-30 to Book House in Dinkytown. They took about half of them, giving me $28 in store credit, with which I purchased the following:
- Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot
- Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives
- Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Death on the Installment Plan
- Jean Genet, The Maids and Deathwatch
- Nathanael West, The Dream Life of Balso Snell and A Cool Million
The total actually came to $30, but the guy working there said it was close enough. I left the rejected books (mostly outdated textbooks and old paperbacks in poor condition) on the corner of 15th St. and 4th Ave., not sure that anyone had any use for them.